closeHomeBest.co is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.19.89.8
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Stack and Snap Food Processor 70725AHamilton Beach8.78.7
KitchenAid KFC3511ER 3.5-Cup Food ChopperKitchenAid7.57.5
A food processor is the perfect time-saving appliance to keep handy in your kitchen. Food processors have multiple functions and uses, from slicing and chopping to shredding and pureeing, to kneading dough. Food processors often come with a variety of attachments and accessories. It is important for you to choose the correct one so that you can maximize its potential and minimize your food preparation time. This guide will help to point you in the right direction. These are some of the top points to keep in mind:
- Capacity Food processors come in different sizes. They typically vary between 7 to 16 cups. The smaller choppers only hold between 1 to 5 cups. Depending on the volume of food you will be preparing each time you use your food processor, you may want one that has a large capacity.
- Speeds Generally, food processors only have an on/off and a pulse switch. The pulse switch allows you to use the appliance with more precise control. On the other hand, choppers have a high and low setting option.
- Additional accessories Most food processors come with a shredding and a slicing disk. Some models have interchangeable blades, dough blade, and even juicers which allow you to take care of a range of different food preparation tasks with the same appliance. Choppers, for the most part, are only able to handle their intended job of chopping.
- Feed tube size If you are using your food processor for larger vegetables, such as potatoes and apples, you will want to look for a food processor that has a large feeding tube, While some food processors come with a large feeding tube.
- Storage Some food processors are compact to store, with a place for each attachment. Others, do not have a particular place to store the accessories. Depending on how much counter and cupboard space you have, you may need to have a smaller and more compact food processor.
- Budget As with all purchases, you will want to keep your budget in mind when looking at different models of food processors. Often, the more accessories and features a food processor has, the more expensive it can be. The are models which have a lower price and have the necessary attachments.
- Warranty You will want to look at the different warranty options available. If you are using your food processor often, you may want one that has a long warranty.
A food processor has many different applications. Some of its uses include pureeing, chopping, slicing, shredding, kneading dough, and beating cream. Fruits and vegetables can either be placed in the bowl, or they are fed through the feeding tube.
Food processors can handle a majority of baking and cooking preparation tasks on one machine. Most models are powerful enough to take care of the majority of vegetable preparation. There are some models which come with extra attachments such as juicers and grinders, which can save yours from having to purchase additional appliances. Some food processors are also powerful enough to handle crushing nuts and ice.
Food processors can end up being quite pricey if they come with extra accessories. They also have many parts, which can be cumbersome to wash up and to store away. These food processors also can be noisy when they are in use.
Mini choppers are designed for small chopping and pureeing jobs. They are ideal for chopping herbs and small vegetables. There are some models which can whip cream, but they are not as readily available.
Mini choppers take up a lot less space than food processors. They are the perfect alternative for people who have minimal kitchen area, yet they need an appliance to handle their chopping and dicing jobs. Mini choppers are quick and straightforward to setup and use.
Mini choppers are a lot less versatile when compared to food processors. With a mini chopper, you are limited to only chopping, pureeing, and dicing. Even though the initial price may seem less, you might need to purchase additional appliances to handle the jobs which it can not. Mini choppers are not also powerful as food processors.
Before you decide which food processor you want to buy, you may want to hear what other people recommend. Taking note of what others have to say, can help you refine your choices and it clearer which food processor to buy. These are their recommendations:
Food processors have sharp parts which can be dangerous when not properly stored. You should make sure that the model when you decide to purchase has an adequate method to store the sharp accessories. Also, you should make sure that the bowl locks securely onto the base and that it does not move too much while in use.
Ease of use:
While some models have many different features and speeds, the majority of food processors have only an on/off and pulse switch. Depending on what you are looking for, you may only need the basic controls.
Because food processors have many different parts, to save you clean up time, you will want to make sure that any food processor which you purchase is dishwasher safe. But if you do not have a dishwasher, you may want to either look for a food processor with minimal parts or one that is simple to clean by hand.
If you are tight on budget, and you are only looking to purchase one appliance, it could be worth your while to look for a food processor that has multiple functions and attachments. If you are only looking for one appliance, and you are also seeking to save space, it could be useful for you to look for a food processor that also has whipping, whisking, and kneading functions.
Cuisinart is at the forefront of revolutionary kitchen appliances. Their name is synonymous with smart innovate products for your kitchen. Cuisinart is a universally recognized name and is endorsed by culinary connoisseurs the world over.
With top products lining kitchen counters across America, Hamilton Beach designs, and distributes a myriad of high-quality small electric household appliances.
Oster is a maker of small home appliances. Their microwaves and toaster ovens come at unbeatable prices without skimping on the excellence
KitchenAid is a name synonymous with premium products that push kitchen innovations to a new level. Their high-performance appliances are all created with incredible attention to detail and quality craftsmanship
From class leading vacuums to kitchen appliances, Ninja has all the housewares you need for your home. Ninja products positively impact people’s lives everyday around the world.